Greg Lilly

Greg Lilly

Friday, March 7, 2008

Video to promote a book?

I just uploaded a video book trailer for my new book Under a Copper Moon. I had created one for Devil's Bridge last March, so I thought I should do one for the new novel too.

Now, I'm not sure how this trend got started. But it's an interesting concept to create a video for a book. I guess we're all so visually stimulated that books should be like movies when it comes to getting the word out.

The process is great fun. I get to act like a movie producer and casting director and screenwriter. Of course it's hard to find images to tie directly into what I had in mind as I wrote the book, but the trailer is a fair representation of what the book has to offer.


Do you think a video is helpful when you're looking for a book?

No comments: